Now that I’ve tasted Religious teaching again, I just can’t stay away. There is very little in the world that fills my soul in the same way. An idea started to brew … and we’ll see what comes of it.
For years, I’ve been approached by many many friends who have said, “I miss seminary!” “I wish you were my teacher.” “Why don’t we study together?” It’s been something that I’ve thought about for years – how do women study the scriptures together with such busy lives? There are some wonderful continuing education classes (our stake has one) and of course classes at a local Institute of Religion, many of them have an adult education class. However, there are many of us (with young children) who are finding that precious moments alone are like liquid gold – forget adding in spouse, older children, home management, work, calling, etc. into the mix. I hope that these videos will help those of you who have only 10 or 15 minutes on the run.
Here’s an introductory video:
A note about the videos –
- They won’t be very meaningful if a person watches without personal study.
- You’ll need a notebook or journal, scriptures, marking pen/pencils, etc. so that you can work with the video to learn.
- Ideally, start with a prayer and ask the Lord some questions that you need answers and inspiration for. Ask for the Holy Ghost to teach and tutor you. I’m not saying that these videos will answer all of your questions, but I do know that they have the ability to be a jumping off point – a place to start so that the Spirit can lead you to the places that you need to go to.
- There will be mistakes, this is a learning curve for me. I appreciate thoughtful comments, ideas, and suggestions, but at the end of the day, there are areas that I am weak in and painfully aware of. Please be kind with me and with others.
- It would mean a lot if you would share, subscribe, comment, etc. – whatever you have the ability to do. That way, I will know whether or not these are helpful and worth the work.
Thank you so much for reading and enjoying this blog over the years, I hope that this endeavor will only enhance your ability to come closer to the Lord. I love Him dearly, I know He lives, and am grateful for His guidance in my life. I appreciate that you, too, have a deep love for and loyalty to Him. I’m excited to grow together as we learn more about Him and His will for us.