This is Part 2 of the Isaiah in the Book of Mormon Series. Sometimes we wonder why in the world the Lord would still work with disobedient Israel. Sometimes we wonder why in the world our Heavenly Father would still work with us. Let’s take a moment and explore some of those ideas.
Topics that are found in this video:
- The kind of people that Ancient Israel tended to be.
- Showing respect for the commandments.
- Why does the Lord still work with obstinate Israel?
- God is keeping His word to Abraham, Issac, and Jacob.
- God can fix broken things.
- Remembering who God is and what is our relationship to Him.
Scripture verses that we use in the Video:
- 1 Nephi 20:3-13
- Exodus 19: 5-6
- Exodus 20: 1-17 (The Ten Commandments)
- Genesis 22:15-19 (Abrahamic Covenant with Abraham)
- Genesis 26: 2-5, 24-25 (Abrahamic Covenant with Issac)
- Genesis 28: 10-22 (Abrahamic Covenant with Jacob)
- 1 Kings 8:23
Media References (special thanks to):
- LDS Media Library
- The Ark Passes over the Jordan, by James Tissot
- Moses Reading the Book of the Covenant at Mount Sinai, by Clark Kelley Price
- Moses Calls Aaron to the Ministry, by Harry Anderson
- Abraham and Isaac, by William Whitaker
- Abraham Taking Isaac to Be Sacrificed, by Del Parson
- Israel Blesses Ephraim with the Birthright, D. Keith Larson
- Solomon’s Temple, by Sam Lawlor
- LDS scripture maps
- Iron Bars, by Erean
- Furnace, by Erdene Bayar
- Rusty Iron, by Quicksandala
- Eiffel Tower, by Denna